Astronomers continue their search for exoplanets and, along with them, answers to the age-old question: Does life exist beyond Earth?
Finding exoplanets isn’t easy, but in late 2016, astronomers discovered the closest one yet. Proxima Centauri is an exoplanet that orbits within the habitable zone of the star closest to the Sun.
In this free download, we explore the interest in exoplanets and the science behind exoplanet discovery, including:
- How do astronomers find new planets?
- Does Proxima Centauri have an atmosphere, and what is it made of?
- Are there Earth-like conditions on other worlds?
- What is the definition of the habitable zone?
- What would make a planet habitable?
- How are astronomers studying atmospheres to determine if they have conditions suitable for life?
Find answers to these questions and more in our free exoplanet guide. Simply enter your email address below!