From 5 p.m. CDT, Friday, September 21, through 8 a.m. CDT, Monday, September 24, all the great Astronomy.com features available only to registered users or Astronomy magazine subscribers will be offered to everyone — for free!
Find out what you’ve been missing! Check out these exclusive benefits:
- StarDome Plus — Locate specific objects like planets, comets, galaxies, nebulae, and more in your night sky with the expanded version of Astronomy.com’s interactive star chart.
- Equipment review archive — Astronomy.com’s equipment review database includes every review, roundup, and buyers guide that has appeared in Astronomy magazine in the past few years — more than 300 products overall and growing!
- Columnist archive — Read the complete collections of Bob Berman’s Strange Universe, Glenn Chaple’s Observing Basics, Stephen James O’Meara’s Secret Sky, and Tony Hallas’ Imaging the Cosmos.
- Desktop wallpaper — Bring the beauty of astronomy to your computer desktop.
- Picture of the Day archive — Look back at some of the most beautiful amateur astroimages around.
- Weekly observing podcast — Senior Editor Michael E. Bakich’s weekly series helps you find three notable objects or events you can see from a dark-sky site.
- Exclusive video series — The editors of Astronomy bring you in-depth content on the worlds of our solar system, seasonal observing targets, black holes, stars, galaxies, and more.
- And much more!
If you like what you see, come back September 24* and register on Astronomy.com for free or subscribe to Astronomy magazine right now.
*During the times mentioned above, you will not be able to register for a new account or log in to Astronomy.com with an existing account. Reader forum users will be able to post, and Reader Photo Gallery users will be able to upload images as long as they’ve logged in and have a cookie set prior to the times mentioned above. Registered users will be able to post on articles and comments only if they’ve logged in and have a cookie set prior to the times mentioned above, as well. The site will return to normal and open for new registrations at 8 a.m. CDT Monday, September 24. Learn more »