Some consider the Great Rift Valley, which runs through Kenya, the cradle of civilization and justifiably one of the world's best-organized safari destinations in Africa. Here, the 2013 total eclipse path crosses the silt and sandstone where fossils of early man date back some 4.2 million years. Join Astronomy magazine on an adventure to see a large variety of animals, including the "Big Five" — lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo — and spend some time in the shadow of the Moon.
The tour includes:
- Nairobi sightseeing featuring Karen Blixen home and Giraffe Manor
- One night at the famous Treetops Hotel, which overlooks a floodlit glade
- One night at the Mt. Kenya Safari Club
- Three nights at the Governors' Camp in Kenya's most famous reserve, the Maasai Mara
- First-class safari transportation
- Professional driver/guides, all experts in the wildlife and culture
- Three nights at the Melia Zanzibar with uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean
- Distinguished lecturer: Richard Talcott, senior editor of Astronomy magazine
- Eclipse information and protective eclipse glasse
For more information, contact:
MWT Associates, Inc.
1-877-707-7827 Toll Free