Astro Confidential: Learn how the SETI director got started and about her future plans for the institute.
Jill Tarter is the Bernard M. Oliver Chair for SETI Research and director of the Center for SETI Research at the SETI Institute in Mountain View, California.
October 26, 2009
Learn more about Jill Tarter.
Photo by Seth Shostak
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Astronomy magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you will
need to regsiter for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
Get instant access to subscriber content on Astronomy.com!
- Access our interactive Atlas of the Stars
- Get full access to StarDome PLUS
- Columnist articles
- Search and view our equipment review archive
- Receive full access to our Ask Astro answers
- BONUS web extras not included in the magazine
- Much more!