Binocular universe web extra: Estimating Mira's magnitude
Use surrounding star magnitudes to figure out this variable star's brightness.
October 27, 2008
|Track the appearances of the variable star Mira as well as the asteroid Vesta this month. Both will be bright enough to be visible well into 2009 through even modest pocket binoculars.|
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Astronomy magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to Astronomy magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you will
need to regsiter for one. Registration is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
Get instant access to subscriber content on Astronomy.com!
- Access our interactive Atlas of the Stars
- Get full access to StarDome PLUS
- Columnist articles
- Search and view our equipment review archive
- Receive full access to our Ask Astro answers
- BONUS web extras not included in the magazine
- Much more!