Observing podcast: The Jewel Box, spiral galaxy M102, and globular cluster Palomar 5
June 3-10, 2010: The Jewel Box is a nice target for beginners, while spiral galaxy M102 and globular cluster Palomar 5 provide nice targets for telescope owners.
June 3, 2010
|Each week, Astronomy magazine Senior Editor Michael Bakich, a master at explaining how to observe, posts a podcast about three objects or events you can see in the sky.|
In each episode, Michael highlights:
- One object you can see without any optical aid
- One object you can see with a small (4-inch) telescope
- One object you can see with at least an 8-inch telescope
Targets for June 3-10, 2010
Naked eye: The Jewel Box
Small telescope: Spiral galaxy M102
8-inch or larger telescope: Globular cluster Palomar 5
The weekly podcast and complete transcript are available to registered members of Astronomy.com. The podcast remains FREE, so please create an account below to make sure you don't miss an episode!
Registration is FREE and takes only a few minutes to complete. Registered members get access to these great online features:
- Participate in our forums and online community
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online
- Much more!
Login to view this article
Haven't registered yet?