Observing podcast: Stinging Scorpion, open cluster M93, and the Albino Butterfly
February 5-12, 2010: The Stinging Scorpion makes a great target for all observers, while open cluster M93 and the Albino Butterfly provide nice targets for telescope owners.
February 4, 2010
Each week, Astronomy magazine Senior Editor Michael Bakich, a master at explaining how to observe, posts a podcast about three objects or events you can see in the sky.
Photo by Astronomy: Roen Kelly
In each episode, Michael highlights:
- One object you can see without any optical aid
- One object you can see with a small (4-inch) telescope
- One object you can see with at least an 8-inch telescope
Targets for February 5-12, 2010
Naked eye: Stinging Scorpion
Small telescope: Open cluster M93
8-inch or larger telescope: Albino Butterfly
The weekly podcast and complete transcript are available to registered members of Astronomy.com. The podcast remains FREE, so please create an account below to make sure you don't miss an episode!
Registration is FREE and takes only a few minutes to complete. Registered members get access to these great online features:
- Participate in our forums and online community
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online
- Much more!
Login to view this article
Haven't registered yet?