Observing podcast: Regulus, Bode's Galaxy (M81), and spiral galaxy NGC 2903
February 26-March 5, 2010: First magnitude star Regulus makes a great target for all observers, while Bode's Galaxy (M81) and spiral galaxy NGC 2903 provide nice targets for telescope owners.
February 25, 2010
|Each week, Astronomy magazine Senior Editor Michael Bakich, a master at explaining how to observe, posts a podcast about three objects or events you can see in the sky.|
In each episode, Michael highlights:
- One object you can see without any optical aid
- One object you can see with a small (4-inch) telescope
- One object you can see with at least an 8-inch telescope
Targets for February 26-March 5, 2010
Naked eye: Regulus
Small telescope: Bode's Galaxy (M81)
8-inch or larger telescope: Spiral galaxy NGC 2903
The weekly podcast and complete transcript are available to registered members of Astronomy.com. The podcast remains FREE, so please create an account below to make sure you don't miss an episode!
Registration is FREE and takes only a few minutes to complete. Registered members get access to these great online features:
- Participate in our forums and online community
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online
- Much more!
Login to view this article
Haven't registered yet?