Podcast: Night-sky targets for June 5-12, 2009
The variable star R Coronae Borealis, open cluster NGC 6124, and globular cluster NGC 6144 are nicely visible in the next few days.
June 4, 2009
Each week, Astronomy magazine Senior Editor Michael Bakich, a master at explaining how to observe, posts a podcast about three objects or events you can see in the sky.
Look for the novae in Scorpius, in the southern sky, before dawn.
Photo by Astronomy: Roen Kelly
In each episode, Michael highlights:
- One object you can see without any optical aid
- One object you can see with a small (4-inch) telescope
- One object you can see with at least an 8-inch telescope
Targets for June 5-12, 2009
Naked eye: Variable star R Coronae Borealis
Small telescope: Open cluster NGC 6124
8-inch or larger telescope: Globular cluster NGC 6144
Starting June 4, the weekly podcast is available to registered members of Astronomy.com. The podcast remains FREE, so please register with the site below to make sure you don't miss an episode!
Registration is FREE and takes only a few minutes to complete. Registered members get access to these great online features:
- Participate in our forums and online community
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online
- Much more!
Login to view this article
Haven't registered yet?