Podcast: Night-sky targets for June 12-19, 2009
The Butterfly Cluster, globular cluster M107, and spiral galaxy NGC 6207 are nicely visible in the next few days.
June 11, 2009
|Each week, Astronomy magazine Senior Editor Michael Bakich, a master at explaining how to observe, posts a podcast about three objects or events you can see in the sky.|
In each episode, Michael highlights:
- One object you can see without any optical aid
- One object you can see with a small (4-inch) telescope
- One object you can see with at least an 8-inch telescope
Targets for June 12-19, 2009
Naked eye: Butterfly Cluster
Small telescope: Globular cluster M107
8-inch or larger telescope: Spiral galaxy NGC 6207
The weekly podcast is available to registered members of Astronomy.com. The podcast remains FREE, so please register with the site below to make sure you don't miss an episode!
Registration is FREE and takes only a few minutes to complete. Registered members get access to these great online features:
- Participate in our forums and online community
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online
- Much more!
Login to view this article
Haven't registered yet?